Yates-American thin knives are made of the finest tool steel. They’re then heat-treated in furnaces under precision timing schedules to assure the longest life between grinds. These knives have been rigorously tested and prove to be the best grade for withstanding the terrific speed and impact common during normal operation. We have the experience to help you select the right knife for your application.
We keep knives in a variety of sizes in stock and ready for immediate shipment for your convenience; just specify hss or hchc, length, width, thickness, and smooth or corrugated back.
The “HSS” Knife
We recommend this knife as your best possible choice for production applications where life and quality finish are essential for all lumber conditions. This knife is especially durable in foreign material contact, and offers outstanding life in any species of lumber.
The “HCHC” Knife
When price is an important consideration, we highly recommend this knife. It’s particularly ideal for “dirty” lumber where constant foreign material contact prohibits long life no matter what the steel quality.
• Superior Quality
• Our steel meets all A.I.S.I. standards and must pass our quality control • standards for hardness, straightness, and flatness.
• The knives are balanced and packaged in pairs within +/- 1/2 gram
• Less than the weight of a dollar bill.
• Great Service
• We offer a large selection of planer knives that can ship within 24
• Hours of receipt of order – most orders ship the same day.
• 1-1/2″*, 1-3/4″, and 2″ wide x 5/32″ thick planer knives,
• HSS-M2 or HCHC-D2 1 1/2″ – 3″” wide x 1/4″ or 5/16″ 16-60°
• corrugated back knives
• HSS-M2 or HCHC-D2